Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Do Not Try This At Home...

I adore doughnuts... I mean if I have a weakness it is a doughnut.  I want to eat doughnuts all of the time and I am glad that I have all this studying to do every day because there are two doughnut shops within five minutes of my house...

In my quest for new doughnuts... I heard of the Cronut, you know...that blissful sounding mesh between a croissant and a doughnut???  Some Dunkin Donuts across the country apparently carry a version...but not ours sadly...

I also saw two different recipes for cronuts online.  One, from Foodwishes (an amazing blog that everyone should check out) uses the good old fashioned croissant dough recipe... now if you have made croissants at all in your life from scratch... you know they are a devil to make and take a looong time.... so I understood how to make that recipe, but felt I did not have the time.
 The second recipe involved pilsbury croissant dough and a home made glaze... I can do that I thought....

I will not show you the results, I hid them to save the eyes of the innocent... but they were dark brown/blackish doughnut shaped crunchy on the outside / dough on the inside messes...

and I realized that whatever planet that recipe was on, the recommended temperature of the oil was waaaaaayyyy off... and sadly my cronuts are not happening.

Maybe I will just eat a dozen regular doughnuts to make up for it, this sounds like a good idea.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment