Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Friday, April 3, 2015

Product Review: La Vida Essentials Fractionated Coconut Oil


Sample Bottle Provided by Maker 

Prior to receiving this fractionated coconut oil, I had no experience with the product, which can be used in a variety of ways. 

Product: La Vida Essentials Fractionated Coconut Oil
Price: 9.99 (free shipping with Prime on Amazon
Get it Here 

Review:
The representative from La Vida Essentials sent me a lovely PDF brochure with my purchase that gave me a variety of health and beauty recipes for the oil (this is not the type you cook with). From body lotions to skin and hair care, and aromatherapy....this stuff has a lot of uses and many of the recipes seem easy to follow and take a small amount of the oil, meaning this $9.99 bottle will last a good bit.

To test out the oil, I tried two different basic things to see if the oil was useful. 

First:
I mixed the coconut oil with my lavender essential oil in order to create a base for my oil/wax burner. I found that the coconut oil extended the life of the lavender and thus I was able to maintain a lovely fragrance throughout the house for an entire day. I think this is VERY helpful, because it helps extend the life of your essential oils, which can get expensive if they are of top quality.

Second:
I wanted to see how the oil reacted to a skin that is already oily. 
My hand immediately after application
I found the oil to produce good results even on oily skin, while the oil took a little while to absorb, once it did... I found my hands to be soft and smooth to the touch...this makes me really want to try out some of those lotion recipes.

I was more impressed with the use of the oil as a conduit for the essential oil burning (because I use those a lot) and so I am going to base most of my review off of that.

I think this is a helpful product if you are going to be using oils to scent your house or bath.  I totally recommend it because it is a good amount at high quality for a decent price.







No comments:

Post a Comment