Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Monday, March 7, 2011

Ivory Tower...

I was told today that I need to get out of my ivory tower and live in the blood and beer.  I don't really comprehend what it means, but it was one of those breaking point moments where I realize the failings of something like facebook.  Someone who knew me oh, 14 years ago... does not know me now and cannot really know me just because they take a gander at my facebook every now and again and get into an argument with me about my beliefs.
I can be elitist to some degree... I do not believe in debasing myself or my beliefs by spiraling down into a name calling diatribe to get my point across.  If that is elitist, so be it.  I will proudly wear that name.  What will end up is that I post more on here and less on facebook about things I am passionate about.

No comments:

Post a Comment