Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Friday, October 12, 2012

School and Things

What a nice day, not as productive as I would like, but nice all the same.  First, it is beginning to cool down.  The temperatures are not 95 degrees every single day and thus I can turn a light bit of air on while I work and read at a comfortable temperature (little perks).  Secondly, I had a very progressive talk with my adviser from school today and we pretty much planned the rest of my Grad program, which is shorter that I thought lol.  It is nice to see the completion in sight and know what you need to do and maintain.  With all of the important events coming up (Aiden mostly) I want to make sure I am not overdoing it or overloading myself with a schedule I may not be able to handle.  Finding out I only had to take two classes instead of three, is a bit of a relief.  

Today I am reading up on Britain in Africa, covering things like the Boer Wars, the struggle for Nile Domination and the lead up to World War I (which I truly enjoy studying).  Lawrence James' The Rise and Fall of the British Empire is a tome of a book, and often his perspective is a bit odd to me, but overall I enjoy reading it... if you ever need something that just covers the entire empire in a concise manner, this is the book for you.  Now if I can just finish my assignment for the week, write out my responses and turn them in... 

The dog is snoring, which makes me want to take a nap as well, but no sleep for the perpetual student.

No comments:

Post a Comment