Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Saturday, July 26, 2014

The Battle of Dunlap Hill

I am no way a Civil War buff, I've taken quite a few courses on the war throughout my education, but it is not my chosen field of study and being a Southerner who does not believe in the Lost Cause mentality, I often shy away from it....
BUT, I do enjoy history, I love local history and I really enjoy preserving historical landmarks in my area.
So I volunteer at the Ocmulgee National Monument whenever I get a chance.

Today the Mounds celebrated the 150th anniversary of The Battle of Dunlap Hill and we had camps, cannons, horses... and well lemonade.
It was a good time.

LOOK I even tried to make it LOOK old.  lol 

No comments:

Post a Comment