Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Thursday, February 6, 2014

One Example That I Have a Touch of the Crazy.... and how I don't care...

In my youth and honestly...now...when I have time to read the magical genre of books called "fiction" I possessed a complete obsession with Vampires.
pre Twilight people... I am old school.


I had dozens and dozens of vampire novels as a kid...yes, as a kid...I was strange, leave me alone.

If there was a novel that had vampires in it during the 90s, I owned it, I probably read it, and I could critique it on command. 

In my senior year of high school a student had to write a research paper for their English course, I wrote mine on the way in which modern fiction treated the myth of the Vampire in comparison to the earlier versions like Dracula or 19th century poems featuring the creature....

So yea... Before Stephanie Meyer even went to college...I was a child obsessed and that is just OK with me...

And I am not going to hate on Twilight, it would be a lie to say I haven't read them, watched the movies...just reveled in the fact that my chosen little obsession from high school became popular for a bit.... but then I read this (shared by Anne Rice)"

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/celebrity/news/hot-vampires

Ok let me just say it...
This list is Bullshit. 
It is complete bullshit to be clear.

Lestat 13???? WHAT
Louis...the most insipid whining man child of a vampire...above Lestat... oh WHAT ON EARTH???!!!???

And where is Gary Oldman... WHERE IS GARY OLDMAN?????!!!!!!!!!!

I may seem emotional, but you don't know how many times I watched that amazingly beautiful version of Dracula and thought that Gary Oldman WAS Dracula...he was so painfully wonderful that I...to this day...adore him.

Yes, Eric is cool...YES Damon is amazing... but neither of them hold a candle to Lestat or Dracula (Gary Oldman) and this is a fictional vampire list, not just a portrayed in TV or Movie list...

so WHERE IS MARIUS????????   Where is Zillah from Lost Souls????

This list angered my heart.
and Its not the wine talking....

GARY OLDMAN CROSSED OCEANS OF TIME DAMNIT!!!


So...that is my two cents.
And you take a good look at that and you tell all those other vampires to take a hike into a sun filled afternoon of fire water.

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment