Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Friday, June 6, 2014

Busy Summer

I always have this false idea that the Summer will be less busy (LOL).  With a very energetic toddler and working on a few projects (mainly PhD app process), I am pretty busy.  After some setbacks with the safety of the neighborhood and an admitted drop in confidence when walking alone, today we did our first walk without driving to the Trail about two miles away. We did two miles with no incidents.  I felt a bit silly at first carrying the pepper spray, but I will admit I was not nearly as nervous when walking...so yay!  (Although I am still searching for a good 2nd hand treadmill)

Aiden's Summer Reading is progressing.  I know, I know... seventeen months old, but I want him to love reading as I do and you know, gotta start the brainwashing young.  We've read sixteen books since starting the program at the library in Warner Robins on 5/29 and that includes 3 chapters of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (our second run on the series).  He's begun this cute little process of finding a book on his bookshelf (half of his books stay on the floor these days), climbing into my rocking chair in his room, and "reading" his books out loud with the most adorable baby gibberish on earth.  I wonder what his version of the stories are, I imagine they are fascinating. 

I am still attempting to find healthy/easy recipes for dinner... cooking is such a chore these days...by 6 Adam and I are both exhausted, its hot, and we just do not have the energy to cook some complicated healthy meal... and I do not think our trip to Nu Way Wednesday night counts as healthy meal choices.  I know I am working out a ton, but it does no good if he and I eat crud.  Aiden eats this amazingly healthy diet...maybe I should just eat cut up fresh fruit like he does LOL.

I made two jars of fresh pickles yesterday...they are semi-healthy if you do not count all the salt right???  ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment