Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

A Tea Party

My love affair with all things British (apart from their politics in Ireland lol) enabled me to host a small gathering of ladies for a tea party. We had a lovely time and unfortunately...we had such a good time, I was unable to take any photos...I forgot LOL. 

Though...I did get a "before" photo...

before the food was laid out, my small table decor

The Menu consisted of:
(all freshly made)

Tea Sandwiches-
-herbed goat cheese and turkey
-cucumber with dill and cream cheese

Buttermilk Scones-
-Fresh Lemon Curd
-Clotted Cream

Shortbread-
-traditional scottish
-pecan
(Both made by a friend who attended)

Vegetables and dip

and
Macaroons... with chocolate yummm!


We had two types of tea
-English Breakfast
-English Afternoon

and it was amazing.  I loved having friends over and everything turned out perfectly.
(Lemon curd is a pain)

I am planning another, probably close to Christmas with a breakfast theme  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment