Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

When it Rains...

I stayed up until around three in the morning working on the papers I had due today. With zeal and determination, I hashed out everything and by 3 AM, I finally finished my last bit of work due for the semester. Thinking I finally was able to poke my head above the clouds, I went to bed...setting my alarm for 9 AM, so I could get to my final early and prepare before taking my final...coming home...and finishing up the last take home final I have due on Thursday...
But as I am prone to the oddest luck... when I got ready to leave, I found my car keys safely locked inside my car...in the dashboard, where I had left them from mine and Adam's trip to Florida. Now, it was my fault, I forgot to get them out before Adam left for work this morning, but the outcome is... I am stuck at home with no way to get to my final.
I have an amazing professor though who offered to let me take the Final on Wednesday, at 9 AM. I will be there, with bells on, happily awaiting the final exam...such is life, such is what shall be...its just a pain in the butt and I stood there at my door as it started to rain this morning and went... REALLY???
But...
its a test, that I missed, that I will get to make up.
I sat down, had a moment, took a deep breath like my Professor suggested...and decided to make a cake.

My mother makes the MOST AMAZING sour cream poundcake in the world. You would have to taste it to understand... I could eat pieces of that cake no matter if I were hungry or not and I just so happen to have all the ingredients sitting around my kitchen. So, instead of freaking out about those things I cannot control, I calmed down and made a cake.

It may be gloomy outside, but I'm gonna cheer it up around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment