Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Monday, November 12, 2012

A thought

I despise anti-intellectualism.... just the notion to dismiss a fact or knowledge because it interferes with your world view is silly.  Knowledge and education will sometimes...with reason...change a person's perspective.  We are not experts on everything simply because we have an opinion on everything.  Time, study, and understanding does change things and it does make some people experts and some not.  I don't understand why there is such a struggle with that.  I've never told a computer expert he was wrong based off of my lack of experience in comparison to his wide knowledge of it...same with a doctor, scientist...and a host of other fields I know little to nothing about...how hard is it??  I don't know but it vexes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment