Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Bad Form

Attention: This is not a place to discuss government policy failures... please dont go there...that is not the point. 

I had the opportunity to visit New Orleans, LA. in 2005, a few months before the devastation of Katrina and it was a lovely and wonderful place...the trip changed me in many ways because it truly opened up my mind to travel in a way and I look upon that trip with a great deal of affection.  
In 2009, I went back to New Orleans, and while the French Quarter was still amazing, I had the opportunity to see the aftermath of Katrina, I saw the FEMA trailers and I saw the decay and it was heartbreaking becuase New Orleans is such a special place.

Now... lets move to the present for a moment.
I watch MSNBC and in the mornings, even though I spend half of my time tweeting Morning Joe in anger... I enjoy the show.  
Until... journalists are so shallow that they think it is acceptable to call the rollout of the ACA "Obama's Katrina."

Let me get one thing straight here...
This is not about the ACA, this is not about its problems...this is not about whether or not you are a fan of the president....this is about a horrific disaster....where people, mothers, brothers, children...DIED.

Don't trivialize that so you can have a catchy phrase when you discuss some failing government policy launch...
because people DIED.

A few days after Katrina we had a displaced family come into our store, they lost everything, they had a little girl, it was...so sad, it is still SO SAD...
and to diminish that suffering is irresponsible and bad form.

Really bad form.  

No comments:

Post a Comment