Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Hating Someone Because They Believe Differently Than You : It is not always about teams....

People like teams, I've said it here before... either you are on my team and you are right, or you are on your team and you are wrong...
they can be aggressive, antagonistic, nasty...condescending, and hurtful over their team... and I am not talking about sports.


see where i am going here....

I dont get that... I never will.  I have one view, you have another and that is fine... I may not like it, I may not agree with it, but I don't think that if you disagree with me that you hate everything I stand for...thats childish, problematic, and it causes the horrible friction that I think as a society we suffer from.

Now if someone tells me something and it is factually wrong and I know that and have proof, I may try to talk about it, in a productive way... but im not mean about it, I dont see the point again...


we are humans, easily offended, nasty, snarky, prideful...but do we have to be hateful?  Is it always going to be about...this person disagrees with me so they must HATE me and I need to HATE them.

hate is a strong word.  I reserve that basest of all  irrational feelings for things like violence, racism, and stuff that warrants all out disgust.

Someone not having your same world view... is no reason to hate them or assume they hate you because they dont agree with you.

I try really hard to not be that person... I don't always succeed... but I cringe when I see someone being hateful towards another person simply for their world view without knowing anything about them, assuming, or just dogging them because they may not see things the same way you do...
it has led me down a colorful path... looking at people I instantly judge and trying to understand where they are coming from and at times it helps and at times, I fail...but I try, I really really do try and the more I try, the more it is upsetting when I see people resort to nasty, hateful, snark judgements of others just because they dont think the same way.

Hate is bad ok, just dont do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment