Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Shonda's Decadent Potato Soup

It is cold for us Georgians and when we have cold weather, I want hearty and thick dinners that stick to my insides...
I wanted a soup today and searched the internet for a potato soup recipe I liked... I didn't find one (I am picky)....

I made one myself and it turned out pretty tasty!


Shonda's Decadent Potato Soup

Ingredients:

8 peeled and diced potatoes
two diced onions
two sliced carrots
2 cans of chicken broth
1 pint container of heavy cream
1 stick of butter
1 tablespoon of dried parsley
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper (I like spice)
1 tablespoon of salt
1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
pepper to taste

You could make this less sinful by using olive oil instead of butter and 2% milk instead of heavy cream, but add cornstarch and it will not be as tasty to be fair (lol)

Finished result:

Served with garlic toast

We were really happy with the soup and it hit the spot for a warm and soothing soup on a cold day.



No comments:

Post a Comment