Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

I Hate When School Gets Out

I have come to dread the time of the day during the week between 2:45 and around 4:30 PM. During this period I usually deal with extreme amounts of loud noise, loitering, dogs barking, car accidents, horns blaring, brakes screeching.... you name it... it has happened during this time period thanks to the problematic small intersection where I live and the fact that many of the high school students use it to avoid having to sit at a traffic light while scores of others walk home from school or a bus stop that is right in front of my house for my entire neighborhood. 

Over the last two years there have been:
fights
near misses between cars and pedestrians 
threats
theft
vandalism
littering
car accidents that result in my property being damaged or cars in the middle of my yards
lots of near accidents
and just a bunch of random screams, yells, car horns and people racing down the street as fast as they can to slam on breaks and make marks in the road.

I wonder what on earth is going on?
I cannot even take my toddler out in our front yard in the afternoon to play on a nice day out of fear that we will be harassed, bothered, or hurt (the whole car in the middle of my front yard last week really upset me).  
I make my dogs stay in the house during this time period because I had someone threaten their lives once and a few weeks ago when I asked the kids ripping their clothes off in the yard I had a girl threaten me and call me a bitch.

I am not a mean person, but I do believe in boundaries and respect and I loathe that I live where I do during this time of the day.  It is nice out, I would love to take Aiden out to play in the front yard and smell the sage plant and enjoy himself.
But I cant and I am at a loss as to how to fix that beyond move... which is what I want to do.

I feel like when I have reached out to those in charge of our safety and community protection, there is a brief response, but not sustained... and that could be lack of manpower, too busy, I do not know... but it is very frustrating to see the things I see.... and then walk in my yard that is littered with trash after school because these kids throw their empty snack bags and bottles with no care at all...

It is awful and it is dangerous.  I wonder when it is going to be something that is on the radar?  The accident last week IN MY FRONT YARD was pretty bad...it was lucky no one was hurt or walking in the intersection at the time.... 

So frustrated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment