Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Friday, February 20, 2015

Long Week

I am pretty happy that this week is in the books, it has been long and not all parts enjoyable. Balancing two jobs, school, and family can be a bit of a weight when at least two of the three are proving overwhelmingly difficult. So this week tested my patience and my ability to stay cool under pressure (this week should = teenagers.... teenagers tested my patience)



I want to pretend that twenty or so years ago I was an average teenager and I could have related to the ones I substitute teach sometimes, but I was not an average teenager and thus I have a hard time with their behavior/hubris....

BUT... I survived, and the teenagers survived and another week of substitute teaching, finishing graduate school, working at a bookstore, and mothering a toddler has passed without me throwing anyone off a roof.

I did have a pretty engaged group of kids interested in Puritans so that was a win, hey... maybe they will remember that and make a good grade on a college test because of it one day and it will all be worth it.

(I am going to tell myself that)

Back to Peruvian mercury mining.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment