Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Monday, February 16, 2009

Back

I have returned from the windy city with perspective and joy that i'm back in my own house with my own things surrounded by the familiar. I loved the city of Chicago and laughed quietly during a moment on the ride back from the Atlanta Airport. A man was with us who used to live in Chicago and said what most people do to people who were enamoured with a city after one visit...
"Its great to visit, I hated living there..."
I wonder if that would be the same for me because I will admit, I was enthralled by the vast variety of things to do, the quaint little restaurants on each corner, the giant buildings towering over me with age and wisdom beat into the stone and the vast creation that was Lake Michigan.
I wonder if I would hate it, the noise, the business, the museums, the culture...
I wonder if I would miss this if everything I loved about here was implanted in a place like that.
I dont think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment