Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Late Nights

I spend most of my nights studying until the early hours of the morning when nothing is awake in the house, in the neighborhood really. I sit in my darkened living room and push my way through book after book detailing the lives and experiences of those long dead and forgotten by most. I know that not everyone enjoys reading about dead people...their lives...their governments...their revolutions, but to me the past is a shaded window into the present, and usually the problems therein.
I am exhausted, a long week that will end with a longer one dealing with work and stress and work. Oh if I were independently wealthy.
Anyway, I have a book to read on the Stuart Monarchy before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment