Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Fate of Bad Decisions

Stumbling down an empty hallway and breathing heavier with each step. What is there to do? I could collapse and let the weight of it all bury me. That would be easier.
Taking the simple path feels right. I can close my eyes and ignore the chaos and destruction. What struggle is there anyway? I made my bed, I lay in it and dwell on problems
as if they were thrown to me and not my own creation. In the center of the chasm of jagged cliffs and slippery falls, I stand unwavering because the chasm is of my own design.
I choose not to climb up the sides that can be navigated and I choose to beat myself up against the rocks. So much I have chosen and accepted. I cannot open the door at the end.
I know what is on the other side and it frightens me more than I have the words to describe.


And in the Corner...

And in the corner
where the shadows cut lines
into bleached walls
and hide tiny secrets and flaws
I stand
clinging to the shaded area
wishing to be unseen
unheard of
there are too many things
I want to say but cant
Thoughts get tucked away
in the creases of the corner
where they are safe to breathe
Leave the safety net
and nothing is sacred
or warm
I regret the chill in the air
this place leaves no room
for the light
While the shadows hide so much
they expose even more
downcast eyes
unable to face the room


A Crutch...

A crutch
holding up the broken leg
blotches of glue
keeping together the peices
shattered by time
riddled with interruption and happenstance
Nothing is as it should be
and everything is chaos
broken
No...
chipped
bruised
imperfect
in so many ways
too many to place
or mention
thoughts are stifling at best
and the rest is static.

No comments:

Post a Comment