Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Chicago Thoughts

I sit in Chicago on this Valentine's Day with the sounds of the L train fading in and out at regular intervals while I type. There is a film of snow if that on the ground...well on the lower roof of a building that is nestled snugly between two towers one in wnich I am staying, the other directly across and easy to see. I see the film on the small graveled roof and marvel at it, I dont really know snow...a few glimpses perhaps over the years, but I am not close to it, I don't understand it and even though the small bit of snow barely coveres the stones on the dirty urban roof, there is a natural beauty to it that meshes a world of trees and vegetation to this world of steel and concrete I am surrounded by at the moment.
I am in a bed, my hotel room...probably laying in later than I should shooting Ims to my husband as we are not together on this created day for lovers and while I may find the entire holiday alltogether silly, I still ache a bit because he is not here, I still wish I were beside him to at least make snide comments about the holiday of wasted too big ballons and ugly stuffed animals.

1 comment:

  1. Allow me to be the first to follow your blog. Hope you are well, and Blessed Be!

    ReplyDelete