Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Oldie but a goodie

As this has become a photo blog, which I am totally awesomely cool about (with the occasional angry rant...I cant help it)  I am going to add some of my older stuff, like the photos I took in Puerto Rico last year.





















What I love about this is the multiple elements.  The photograph was taken at the Fort in old San Juan, Puerto Rico the day after the country's biggest gas refinery explosions on the coast.  So...beyond the walls of the 4 century old fort, the 19th century buildings of Old San Juan, and the parking decks of the modern era...past the mountains and the telephone lines, there is this huge fire seemingly attacking the sky...and the small Puerto Rican flag in the center, it was an insane day.

No comments:

Post a Comment