Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Sunday, April 18, 2010

There was a great wind
it stretched its fingers out
toying with banners of gold and red
Men and boys stood straight
watching in awe and admiration
The smell of the sea lingered in the senses
and she reigned
above them all
shouting down her adversary 
over the crashing of the waves
white crested and enraged 
slamming against the darkened cliffs
just a pebbles throw away
I feel lessened when I shudder
weak when I cry out
beaten by something so simple
unseen by the eye
my namesake
a bulwark of strenght
I want to stand tall as well
and yet I falter
as the Spanish ships broke apart
in bloodthirsty waters
swelling with rage
and engulfing the brave in the folds
were I the mistress of Albion
unscathed by my opponent 
I would resist 
I could fight
But my own blood flows against me
sucking away the iron will
and leaving frailty
Broken sails fallen
the invisible storm
a literal typhoon 
words cannot suppress
no fight can quash
I am conquered



No comments:

Post a Comment