Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Today

     We spend so much time rushing through our lives.  I am a perfect example... I always seem to have five different things to do and never enough time to do it, but lately the biggest excuse for ignorance is... I don't have time to check this, I dont have time to read that, I dont have time to study this...I'm just going to base my opinion and say things even though I'm uninformed.


Today in the illustrious Macon Telegraph (which is quite possibly the sorriest excuse for a newspaper on the planet), a couple wrote in...
(this was published IN PRINT MIND YOU)



Comparisons
Seventeen thousand new IRS agents. Hello, police state (and how many are on the payroll already?) Krystal Nacht — anyone recall that travesty? Jewish merchants had their stores and contents smashed all over Germany on that infamous night. Americans had their government operation, tradition, law making rules smashed and civility ignored. Before our very eyes we saw vote buying, we saw representatives of the people abandon their principles (if they ever had any). We saw a so-called health bill passed by intimidation. Its control, not health, the Democrats were seeking and they got it.
We feel sorry and embarrassed for the American Jewish population who voted 90 percent for the Obama administration. The same goes for the Catholic population who voted 54 percent for Obama. Listen for the knock on your door. Had enough?
— Alicia and Dan Callahan
Centerville

I hate to judge, I really do... I mean to be honest I think its wrong to pass judgment on people most of the time, but ignorance is just that...ignorance.

The incident in which they were speaking was called Kristallnacht and it was a night in which Nazi pogroms against Jews went about and smashed all the shop windows of Jewish business owners and this act was a precursor to the devastation which followed throughout the late 30s and during WWII.  To even lower the memory of the people who died throughout the terrifying events of the Holocaust by using this bad comparison to make a half assed political statement sickens me....people died, moms, dads, kids..died.  
I am sorry, but history is soo vastly important because people like this above me...exist.
and it scares me.

No comments:

Post a Comment