Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Rainforest

I have the windows open tonight as the cool spring breeze comes in my windows and I work on schoolwork on the couch.  I've been sick all day, it hasn't been a great day.  I had a few people aggravated at me because I won an award...it was odd, I didn't do anything, I didn't ask for an award and they were angry at me because I won it, so I tried to get my mind off of that and onto something else.
I heard the buzzing of the bugs outside and I thought about the Coqui frog in Puerto Rico.  This frog has a very distinct sound and you can only find it in Puerto Rico.  When you stood out on the balcony at night, you just listened to a symphony of sounds with the waves of the ocean behind you, the rustling of the wind through the vast trees in the mountains surrounding you...bird, bugs, and the Coqui frog.
I grew to love that sound.
My favorite thing I did in Puerto Rico was go to that rainforst and despite stupid diseases and pain, climb a mountain in a rainforest.
Click here to listen to the frog.

No comments:

Post a Comment