Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Friday, July 22, 2011

A Chat with Dr. Misguided

    Working in retail allows you the opportunity to meet a plethora of people and while many of those people are awesome.... there are days you get who I will call Dr. Misguided.
Dr. Misguided is a regular customer at the store I work at (a bookstore) and I have already decided that bookstores attract the stranger side of our population.
Dr. Misguided is a very successful surgeon and he often comes in once every week or so and orders in upwards of three hundred dollars worth of books... one of his recent titles...
The Road to Serfdom
which...oh buddy...
Anyway, tonight he decided to quote german nazis and compare them to Obama... sigh.
And that was pretty much my night at work.
This guy tried to lecture me on now my generation shouldn't expect those who work for a living to take are of us.  
I'm sure thats easy for him to say when he leaves our store and goes home to his mansion and assumes that because I work at a bookstore I must be less of a human and less deserving of a stable life.  It was infuriating and it shows how out of touch the rich are from the rest of the population... 
I told him I had no problem paying taxes and that I had worked since I was sixteen...
Its hard to keep a sweet face when people are talking down to you because they think they are entitled by class to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment