Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Why I Don't Like the Media

So, within 20 minutes of this trial jury verdict being released, I had over 25 posts on my Facebook about it.  For days, on every American news channel or news site I have visited, it is all I see and I think to myself... there is so much more going on in the world.
People are murdered every day, beyond that children die every single day from starvation, from unclean living conditions, from lack of proper medical care and THOSE things we can help.  
Sure, its horrible when anyone is murdered...but that should be the focus... its horrible when it happens at all and making a career of a media circus around one person's death doesn't do anything but perpetuate a problem....
The entire coverage of that trial...if you can call it that was disgusting, and maybe now the world can move on to more important issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment