Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Saturday, July 9, 2011

writing.

I have been writing a lot of fiction as of late.  Perhaps it is an interlude while I prepare for Grad School, I don't know.  I often thought, when I was younger, that I wanted to be a writer and I still...from time to time, write.  Do I think I am some great artist or wordsmith?  No, not really... but I do enjoy the act of writing a great deal and getting a story out.  I think perhaps it is why I enjoy writing the papers so much.  Even with non-fiction, just the act of writing makes me feel good.  So, even if what I write isn't some deeply academic endeavor, I enjoy it... it makes me feel good.
I think I have a decent story idea... I do not know how far it will go.  I tend to write the same page over and over around ten times before I get it right in my eyes and even at that point I have this Trent Reznor level of perfectionist in me and I feel that whatever I have written is complete crap and should immediately be scrapped because it is not worthy of the page.
and... perhaps it is not.
Its no literary jump I will say this, but it does make me feel good and I enjoy developing my story.  hey, perhaps I will share it here and get it out there... perhaps not.  It is cheesy to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment