Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Saturday, August 3, 2013

A Busy at Home Saturday

My mother used to kid at the chaotic state of my bedroom on a daily basis.  Unorganized is a kind word I would throw at the organization of my dwelling as a kid, but I'm thirty six years old now and those days are far behind me.  I would not say I am a neat freak because someone with this many books in a house accepts a bit of chaos, but I would say that I literally go into a clean panic mode when there is even an inkling of someone coming over to my house.  
There are multiple reasons for this, one being pretty personal and kind of linked to emotional baggage and issues from the past.  Prior to living in the house we bought in 2007, we lived in this cramped single-wide mobile home in the sticks that I loathed and on top of that, during the time we lived there...from early on, some really serious and emotionally hurtful things happened (one being the loss of a child) that kind of made me connect that place with all the bad that occurred during that time....
So I let the house basically turn into a hellhole, it really was... it was dirty, messy, old and rotting (some of that was not our doing...with pipes busting all the time and holes in the floor), but it was the most horrible place I've ever lived in and I wont go into it but dirty is not even proper to describe it.  I'm not embarrassed about it or ashamed, it was a bad time and we worked through it and are happy now.

Fast forward though and that period along with knowing some people who would be considered hoarders and how that scares me has really made me a sort of clean freak and I really get that way when people visit so all day today I was cleaning because we have Aiden's grandparents from Florida visiting (very excited!!!) and I want everything to be nice and perfect.  

After vacuuming, scrubbing the kitchen, and using so much bleach in the bathroom that I still can only smell bleach like 5 hours later, I only have a few things to do tomorrow before they arrive.  I like cleaning though, I like being active so it was a pretty good day...

I also boiled peanuts and made a carrot cake so yay for me!!!

Now I am relaxing a bit before bed, reading the news, pinning some stuff on pinterest because I cannot help myself, and maybe even playing some WoW.


Hope everyone else has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment