Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Thursday, August 1, 2013

A Mixture of Things

Just saw a post on a friend's facebook page about geek dudes trying to say geek girls are fake...wtf??  So annoying....
My nerdness pretty much reaches its height because I play World of Warcraft and I actually stopped going to one Gamestop in my area because each time I went in to inquire about a WoW expansion that was set to be released they gave me less information than I knew, scoffed at the fact that I asked, and made references to the fact that it must be for my boyfriend...
Forget the fact that I ran my own guild... I was a girl playing a video game and thus must be doing it for other reasons besides liking it.

That sort of mentality actually pushed me away from some of the things I enjoyed that are technically geeky... besides shit plotlines for years and a growing disinterest in how women are portrayed on a regular basis... the way women are treated in Comic books kind of turned me off a lot...


Smart or geeky girls are not a rare breed that are predominantly fake just to get boys attentions, to be honest... seems like guys are reaching and a bit self important if they think that way.


Cleaning the house and preparing for some family to visit, I am hoping to make a second Carrot Cake this weekend (I love carrot cake, especially mine).  I just need to go buy all the ingredients which shouldn't be too hard and just eat the loads of cream cheese that I use to make it... oh cream cheese, you are so wonderful.

Waiting for book lists for my upcoming fall classes... I want something new to read.


I have gone back to reading The Fall of the House of Dixie which is a really good book...its dark.


Maybe I will read some fiction before school starts back... Re-reading the entire Harry Potter series does not count I don't think...but it did get me a free Pen from my Local Library's summer reading program (and I love pens).

No comments:

Post a Comment