Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Thursday, August 8, 2013

August 8th

So school is back in for everyone except me and I cannot help but want something to read/study/research... that being said, I probably will express the opposite of that sentiment about three days after Fall Semester begins.

This week has been quite busy, Aiden's grandparents from Florida came up for a fun little visit and apart from spending quality time together I got some work done on remodeling my bedroom...it looks a ton better now.  :D

So a few things have been done...

A few books and some art
I have some of my favorite fiction books actually in the bedroom, apart from the other eight book shelves I have in the house...  My Harry Potter texts, some classics and all my Anne Rice and Neil Gaiman, we cleaned up the space, got rid of the clutter and added that awesome clock in the back... loving it.

If you like the art, here is the shop of the artist: HidenSeek  The art is truly special and I have tons of it all over my house, actually I should do a blog post just on that art one day.

My rosary collection

I've collected rosaries since I was a teenager and I finally have most of them in one place on display.  Adam's mom gave me this beautiful metal hanger with the birds because she thought it would be a great way to feature my rosaries, and it is, I love it.  One of the rosaries on the first hook was an actual standard issue rosary from WWII.


My BED!

I tend to make everything in the house dark red and black, so this was an effort to NOT do that, I really like this blue quilt and the lovely accent pillow with the writing on it.   The picture above my bed is of a statue near Buckingham Palace in London that I took when we were there in 2011, it is one of my most FAVORITE photographs of all time...

This is my photograph of the Queen Alexandra Statue on Marlborough Road in London
I thought it would look great over my bed and so we took the photo, enlarged it, framed it and wooo haa!  I had a lot of fun doing this and Bunny was so nice to help me and make the room look so much more put together.  The accents on the new nightstands are great too, a beautiful bowl and this really pretty plate (Adam says he feels like he is in a fancy hotel).

We really had a nice time and did some productive things like clean and fix things and cancel cable.  Oh yea, we cancelled our DirecTV, after months of arguing when our rates hiked, after finally getting on this minimalist plan and then having absolutely no channels, and after Game of Thrones ended....whatever.  I will take my 81 dollars and spend it in other ways.  

Back to the visit...



Someone had a great time... lol

No comments:

Post a Comment