Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Thursday, November 24, 2011

November 24th, 2011

Another book sale find

Before I fell in love with history, I had an affair with literature.  To be honest, I always loved history and literature.  There was a time when I was a literature major and I immersed myself in Byron and Shelley on a daily basis, now its more like Grant and Napoleon but hey...
I believe, I am not sure, but I believe I have this entire set.

Materworks of World Literature Volume One

I picked this up for a whopping 75 cents, its a 1970 printing.

It includes The Odyssey, The Aaneid, Poetry by Sappho, The Song of Roland, part of the bible, and a selection from Don Quixote....vast.

"Ah, race of mortal men, 
How as a thing of nought
I count ye, though ye live;
     For who is there of men
That more of blessing knows,
Than just a little while
To seem to prosper well,"
-Sophocles


Oh and HAPPY THANKSGIVING

No comments:

Post a Comment