Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Book of the Day

One of the many text books I have picked up over the years.

I have a love of history books, now I know that isn't really a shock, but when I go to old sales or when I am trolling about online, I tend to pick up history books that catch my fancy.  One of those fancies is Text books.  This one, I picked up at the Macon Friends of the Library Book Sale.  It is a pretty old text book for history standards, 1983, but it has some good generalized information and such.  




"British America was overwhelmingly rural.  The colonial farm, not the bustling seaport, sprawling plantation, or picturesque town, was the center and symbol of colonial life." -p.113


I have tons of these types of books laying around, we will probably get to them all.



In other news, I have been working on some new things... Pretty soon I will be doing some research at Macon State college, I am excited about that and also I will be hopefully starting Grad School in the Summer... pretty exciting time for me.  
On the side, I am working on a small little artistic venture called Fariequeene's Prints.  I love photography and I thought about trying to sell prints online, so if you know anyone who is looking for some inexpensive decorations, you can get these in 8x10 for only 12 dollars unframed and as low as 17 dollars framed.


FARIEQUEENE'S PRINTS

No comments:

Post a Comment