Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Sunday, November 20, 2011

November 20th 2011


Look who is feeling so much better.  She's adorable and just a joy.  Had to post it.



Here is my book of the day.... I'm sort of liking this feature, reminding myself of what books I have lol.  Today's book, "Leningrad: State of Siege" by Michael Jones.
Let me just say, I like WWI a lot better than WWII when it comes to study of course...I don't like any war.  BUT...if I had to choose something about WWII that I loved to read about, it would be the Eastern Front and Russia.  This book is pretty good, not the best, but good.


"Voroshilov claimed that he had improved the efficiency of the Red Army through a series of much needed reforms.  He had certainly instituted a startling career-advancement system in the wake of the purges: henceforth a commander's technical training and organisational abilities would be discounted in favour of his class background and participation in the ritual denunciation of colleagues."

-p 69  Book was published in 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment