Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Monday, January 28, 2013

And Now For Something Completely Different...

I am well aware that at times my blog can be a bit heavy.  I am one of those passionate people who bleed what I believe and feel the need to share it with every person I meet... in a non-offensive way I hope...
Anyway, I do realize I have been a bit pressing on my political views as of late and decided to give that a bit of a rest and do something different today...

After a lovely weekend in Atlanta with my husband, I will write a bit about what we did, what we purchased and some reviews of beer and wine (something I am rather good at...please do not even make the obvious Irish=lush connection, I watch Downton Abbey thank you... I know its typical...(btw I totally support Home Rule, I think Bobby Sands was a martyr and that the horrible wench Margaret Thatcher only perpetuated a problem...politics over)

Wait...one more thing....




Ok... On to the trip....

We had a chance to make it up to Atlanta over the weekend to sort of get away.  I felt a bit stir crazy and it was nice to go out and just spend some time together.  First we went to Antico Pizza which is owned by an Italian family.
Here is their website, I urge to to visit if you are in Atlanta.

The Pizza was amazing...
This is a traditional pizza with basil, Mozzarella, and I added hot chili peppers... I cannot tell you how good it was, I can only say that usually I eat one slice of pizza when we go out...this time I ate 3 1/2.
When we were there I had Peroni, which is an Italian beer... 

It is probably Italy's version of bud, but I liked it and it was great with Pizza lunch.


The rest of the day we wandered around Atlanta and just purchased foods and alcohol... lol we are awesome I know...

We did stop at Octane Coffee, which has one of the best cups of Coffee I've had (sorry Octane, but the Italian run place in Manhattan has you beat...but just barely)


To be fair... I probably needed that after the Peroni and the 5 AM feeding of the formula beast we like to call Aiden.
After our coffee break, we went to a place called Hop City that sells a large selection of beers and wines... I stocked up there and bought some Magner's Irish Cider and a Newcastle called the Founder's edition... It is a bit lighter than traditional Newcastle but it has a smooth taste and its great if you love the Brown Ale but you want something different...


If you see it and you like traditional Newcastle, give it a chance... I liked it.

Now onto other things... We went to Trader Joe's I purchased a ton of wine... TODAY I am trying their 3 buck chuck Shiraz.  Yes, the bottle cost 3 dollars...


Trader Joe's 3 dollar wine.

The first thing I notice is it smells rather nice, you can get the dark notes but also the rich fruit smells, maybe cherry...

The shiraz is not overly dry at all, but smooth and rather tasty... wow for 3 dollars... this is a reason to drive to trader Joe's in itself.  The Shiraz has this full body which I would not expect for 2.99... so good job Trader Joe!

Now after a day of riding about, eating, drinking, and being merry... we did get to come home to this...


So I will say the day was a complete success....

No comments:

Post a Comment