Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

On to the Future

I've begun looking at PhD programs and considering where I wish to apply and want to go once I am done with my Master's which will be sooner than later...  I do know one thing, wherever I go, it will be away from where I live now, a conscious choice I made a long time ago to do everything I could to have the chance to live somewhere else and just experience other places.  I would really prefer living in a city, one a bit larger than the tiny non-city we live in now.  There is something about a city that Adam and I love and no the city is not for everyone, but it suits us rather well.
We have a few cities in mind and each one has its share of colleges that offer PhDs in History, now the trick is just getting in.  There are a few things I am working on to just look like a more attractive candidate.  While some of the programs do not require foreign language (I am studying American History mainly now), I have started brushing up again on reading French (a few of them do want you to be able to read another language and while I have issues speaking French, I can still read quite a bit of it and I also plan on teaching it to Aiden as he is learning to talk...so it works out).  I laughed when I realized how much I actually retained when I started reading it again... its like, oh wow... I remember how to do this!!!

I know pushing myself into a frenzy to keep near a 4.0 seems a bit crazy at time... but everything is with the intention of getting into a good program so we as a family can get out of here and just have the opportunity to do more...

Hopefully this will happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment