Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The New 3 AM

I remember when I was younger and the only concern I had was constant entertainment/stimulation... I would stay up all hours online, playing video games...doing nothing productive.  
Now I'm up at 3 AM again and its different.

3 AM is pretty fun with this kid around.  Now granted, when he starts fussing and I am still asleep I groan, get annoyed...mutter something inappropriate under my breath and then get up.  By the time I have the bottle in his mouth I am smiling at him and trying to make him laugh, which he now does and it is hilarious.  
We usually spend about an hour or two like this... he eats, changes, and then I spend about 30 minutes getting him back to sleep.  I usually do a bit of reading or like I am doing tonight... blogging... while he settles down.

He was laughing and cooing as I changed him and I tried... to get it on camera but he is a coy little one.  He is now cooing behind me, he laughed pretty loudly a second ago...watching his lambs go around in a circle.  That amazes him.  

So now I have a wake up break for about two hours in the middle of the night sometimes.  Aiden is a pretty awesome baby so he does not wake up like this every night and I am sure it will lessen over time and these little moments will be something I tell him about when he is older while I lament that my little one has grown up so fast.  They do grow pretty fast... he is already out of some of his newborn outfits.  ;)

Six weeks old and he already has his dad and I around his fingers... as it should be.

I'll be in the bed again in a few minutes, I still get up at 7ish every morning because of school work and grown up obligations, I was never the lackadaisical sleep 'til noon type anyway...  People lie when they say growing up sucks...

No comments:

Post a Comment