Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Thoughts

I began this blog with a long post about how Aiden coming into our lives has begun to change something in me in regards to the way I worry and stress about pleasing and appeasing other people and how that is going to change... it got a little long and seemed more like a rant than a declaration of moving on so I deleted it and started over...

I will just say this.

My family... my husband, my son, and the people I care about... they are what matters and all the other people who manipulate, use, and abuse... are just noise.  In a sense it can become more complicated than that and I do not see myself basically becoming resolute and not trying to work through things with people... but it is that simple.  I learned my lesson over the last nine months and a lot of stuff I used to stress over... does not matter in the least.

I am blessed to have such a loving family who support and encourage Adam and I.   Without our parents and siblings being there for us over the past few months, things would have been a great deal more stressful.  I am lucky to have had such wonderful support from some of my friends over the past few months, who were there... dropped by, took me to lunch and coffee... kept the conversation light and humorous and let me vent when I was stressed...  I know I have thanked them profusely for what they have done, but their support really meant a great deal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment