Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Monday, July 1, 2013

Climate Change?

So last year on this day in my current place of residence pretty much right in the center of the state of Georgia (don't hold that against me), the high was 108 degrees.  Yes, one hundred and eight degrees! Now today, with some crazy rain surplus and highs in the upper 80s, it thunderstorms literally every night; so much so that my very adorable white schnauzer Snook who has a fear of thunder has developed a complex.  So I do not really get those who refute or ignore climate science and I will admit when it comes to scientific study, I am pretty much all about science and if 97% of climate scientists agree that we have an issue that we may, as a global entity, be able to alter....I do not care whose fault it is, I say we do thing that are good for the planet.  My reasons are slightly selfish.  I have an amazing little boy who I would rather not have to live out the scenarios in Day After Tomorrow, and would also like the same safe environment for grandchildren if I ever have any.  What is up with the idea of doing nothing to help the planet? I do not want to bring up religion here, but didn't God want man to be the stewards of the earth???  There are people out there who truly believe that we should just use up everything because the rapture is coming and it doesn't matter...and that is soooo not the point of the take care of this place I gave you message...I can bet on it.   I'm going to say this and be done with it...ignoring the changes in nature is actually deadly...be it people dying in massive tornadoes, people dying in horrific floods, people dying in huge out of control fires fueled by dry ...windy...and overly hot environments, or people dying from pollution in 3rd world countries and industrial giants like China and India..it's still people dying.  People are dying, animals are dying, and our kids are inheriting bad habits, apathy, and a dirtier home.  Guys...if we destroy this planet we can't just all pack up and move...

As it rains, like we in Georgia live in the rainforests of Puerto Rico (that place is beautiful by the way), please at least try to be kinder to the earth you live on.  You can deny science all you want, but that doesn't make hurting the beautiful home you live in any more sensible.  Call me. Hippie, but I don't want to breathe smoke, drink acid, or not be able to enjoy the coast because its too volatile or poison itself.

Thanks 

No comments:

Post a Comment