Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Updates

I am slowly dwindling down my beauty box subscription experiment and deciding on one box which I believe is going to be Birchbox (I still get Ipsy as well).  My issue with Beauty Army and the boxes involves the fact that even though you can select your own samples each month from a variety, the variety is often the same and thus there is no real difference from month to month, after three months with the same options listed almost exactly, I decided that if I liked those products that much, I could buy them.  So, one more month of Ipsy and Birchbox and I believe my selections will be complete.  I did watch the Birchbox July video on their site and I liked the products they featured, so still I am leaning towards them.  I will also state that each month they have a beauty extra from Birchbox themselves and while sometimes its postcards or something I would not use... the free subscription to Women's Health in May was a really cool addition.

On other fronts, I cannot believe I am going to utter these words, but I am ready for school to start back.  I find that when I have a schedule and a lot to do, I just function better.  I want to get back to research, I want to be closer to graduating and getting my Masters so I can apply to PhD programs and I want to be one step closer to moving out of Middle Georgia.
Right now I am heavily considering (also because of Geico offices, we kind of have to move in accordance with Adam's job too): Westbury, NY and San Diego CA. 

I also have schools in other places that I could apply to that are close enough to Geico offices that the commute would not be horrible, but to be honest, I would really like one of those two places.

No comments:

Post a Comment