Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Monday, July 22, 2013

Food

At the Wilson house, we've worked pretty hard to become a more healthy family.  I think part of that motivation came with the birth of seven month Aiden Brann, but in all honesty, I like eating well and living a healthy lifestyle.  
Now... 
We also love food.  When we travel, we go to try different foods and tasting, experiencing and immersing in a culture through food is important.  
My grandfather (I called him Peepaw) was born in Baton Rouge, LA and he was sooo Louisiana native that he had a french tinge to his accent and he could cook. As a child I grew up on spicy Louisiana Cajun cooking and because of that nothing is EVER hot enough, nothing is TOO spicy and everything has hot sauce on it.

For a time when I was in elementary school, my peepaw lived with my family and he often cooked gumbo and jambalaya.


Tonight, Adam made me this...



It is the adam version of jambalaya and it was amazing.

I am a happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment