Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Monday, July 15, 2013

Work

Recently, I have encountered efforts by some to encourage me to get a job....
Now I technically still have a job if I had time to go back to it...which I do not, but explaining that to some people can be a bit difficult.
From "You need to get out of the house," to "You need something to do" resonates while I attempt to explain that in a month I will not only be raising a  7 month old baby, but resuming my graduate classes.  Fall Semester I will be taking three classes meaning that I will have three books to read and review usually by Friday of every week from the end of August until Christmas... aka, no free time.  I do not think some people realize that school is very similar to a job, but you just do not get paid.
Perhaps there is some zen ninja academic master of history books that can read 3 books in a week, write 3 papers, maintain an A average and go to work while raising an infant, but I am not that ninja master nor do I wish to be.
I think my husband is the same.

Next time they say something I may respond with... in a few weeks I start my job again, I just do not get paid for it.
Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry about some people who don't understand. Shrug their comments off and thank God for those people who do understand and are incredibly proud of you. ♥

    ReplyDelete