Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Monday, January 2, 2012

01/02/12

Yet another assigned book that I like
Tonight, while roasting a perfect chicken and enjoying a nice day off as a final break from the Christmas season working in retail, I pulled the next book off the shelf to find this little gem.  Another book I had to read for a college class, and another book I enjoyed, it was very interesting.  You can find copies of this everywhere and in different formats, pretty cheap... if you have never read it, do yourself a favor and get some insight into what life was like for a slave.

Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl: Written by Herself
By: Harriet Jacobs
with related documents
Published: around 1857

My attempt at understanding this evil woman

Now I will admit it, I have no love for the woman above.  She was a zealot, a murderess, and cold and calculating.  She brought no advancement to England, she married an idiot who was just as much as a zealot, and she left England backwards and almost in ruin.  But, that is a very biased opinion, and since I don't know a ton about her...and like nothing about her, I thought...I should read about her to ensure I dislike her.  ;)

This is a newer bio of Mary and we shall see, I cannot see how I would ever like her.

But... on nook the book is only 13.99 and you have to start somewhere.  

Mary Tudor: Princess, Bastard, Queen
By: Anna Whitelock
9/7/2010

This Day in History:

1788- My Home state of Georgia becomes the 4th state to ratify the US Constitution.  


No comments:

Post a Comment