Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

1/11/12

This has not been the best week ever, I know it is only Wednesday, but I am going to just say hurry up and get over and let us move on to next week which promises to be much better and not as annoying by default.  My blog has sucked as of late, I've been ill and tired and just not updating what I should so we will have a good and proper post today and hopefully no more slacking.


Everyone needs Dante in their life
The Portable Dante
Edited by: Mark Musa

Looks like I picked up this little gem at the booksale for four dollars, which is pricey... but its probably due to the fact that its in such good condition.  I love Dante so I totally see my motivation.


"I never feared to die as much as then,
and my fear might have been enough to kill me,
if I had not already seen those chains."
-p 172 Inferno

What's on my nook?

Well, the Crimean War book is awesome in the fact that I just really didn't know that much about the war to begin with, so learning about it is fun... but let us feature a book I haven't talked about multiple times.

A captivating read
There is something about Plath that captivates me, her writing, her life, how it ended... so I wanted to get inside her head and these journals do that, they are very intimate.  Odd read.

The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath
Nook price: 15.99

Song of the Day:

Mad World
Tears for Fears, the original song...not all those remakes... Good song.
This Day in History:

January 11th 1908 -  The Grand Canyon National Monument is created.  That is a place I would like to visit at one point.


No comments:

Post a Comment