Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

1/3/12

There are days I think about calling this blog... musings of a semi-social or less unsociable hermit.  I guess it is because it is hard for me to explain to those who constantly adore the company of others that not everyone is the same way, or in my case... hey...sometimes I don't like people.


There are periods where I would much rather just sit at home, do my daily business, work, clean, do whatever...and not be bothered by anyone else (adam not included).  There are days that I think he and I could live on top of a mountain 1k miles away from anyone else (as long as there is plenty of modern technology and an internet connection).


I have had this one for a while, didn't have to read it for a class, but used it.
The Confessions of Saint Augustine
This is a 1991 edition I picked up in a used bookstore somewhere in my travels.  I used it as a source for a paper once, I know that and we read parts of it for a middle ages class I took many many moons ago.  

And with This book ends the first shelf of my first bookcase.  lol.  

And in the realm of the nook....


An interesting book
Auschwitz: A New History
By: Laurence Rees
16 dollar nookbook


Not every book should be a joy to read, some books you should read to know more or to try to grasp something you cannot grasp.  Genocide, concentration and death camps... I cannot fully understand the how...the ability of someone to completely obliterate an entire group of people... so I bought this one to read, to maybe understand what happened and why, or what these men were thinking, the ones who worked in the camps.

This Day in History!!!!

1521Pope Leo X excommunicates Martin Luther in the papal bull Decet Romanum Pontificem.

No comments:

Post a Comment