Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Thursday, January 5, 2012

1/5/12

I am seated on the edge of my couch right now because someone (60 lb boxer named Lizzie) wants to sit directly behind me, she is special.
couch hog
As for the book of the day.... let's get to it shall we?
I promise not every book I have is a text book... I do read fiction... I do!
One of the first upper level history classes I took was 19th century Europe and man was I excited, it still remains one of my most favorite of all favorite classes, I'd say top 5.  
Where else can you learn about baby farming?

Don't know what that is???
Click here for more info on it!
Anyway, I was fascinated to say the least, as I was with the entire period.  Loved the class, adore the professor, she's awesome!

I think she still teaches it today!

Nineteenth-Century Europe : the Revolution of Life
By: Leo A. Loubere
1990 edition

You can get it for a really cheap price here

Hey Shonda, What's on your nook?


If you wanna read some weird history...here you go.
The Dancing Plague
By: John Waller
Nook price: 2.99 (a really good deal)
Get it here

Oh man if you want some strange history, this is the book for you.  I started reading this one and its just crazy... people literally danced... to death.  A real case of the jitterbug if you know what I mean...


NEW FEATURE NEW FEATURE NEW FEATURE!!!!


Ok, so I don't think this blog has enough going for it... I mean... I think I should give people more to read on a daily basis.  So... 
Song of the day:
I think this song is amazing, I think this band is amazing... check them out.



THIS DAY IN HISTORY


Ok, this one made me happy and dance around a bit, not enough to die of dancing, but I was jolly just the same.



1066Edward the Confessor dies childless, sparking a succession crisis that will eventually lead to the Norman conquest of England.

No comments:

Post a Comment