Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Beauty Boxes Update

I have received three months worth of beauty box subscriptions now and I have to say from my experience the Birchbox subscription is by far the best.  There is always a theme involved and they give you at least one full sized item each box, which some of the others kind of skimp on it.  Now Beauty Army and Ipsy are both great and I really have no complaints, but the Birchbox is consistently really good and I would recommend it for anyone who wanted to get into beauty boxes.  I like them because I can get an idea of a product before I dish out tons of money for it.

So This Month, My Birchbox was this...

In June, the Birchbox included a self tanning towel (I don't know how that will work but, hey!), Some really useful mini nail files, a sample of a facial cleanser, some very bright pink lip color, and a muted pink nail polish.  The box also contained some really cute "travel" postcards that if you were crafty and theme heavy, you could frame and make some really neat wall art.    Again like I said, Beauty Army... this month was all skincare, but you get to choose from a list of samples, so you know what is coming.  Unfortunately, sometimes the Beauty Army samples have a tendency to repeat themselves so I have received the same "Mark" brand mascara twice (but I do like the mascara so I cannot complain).  With Ipsy, the bonus is of course you get a cute little bag each month... but I have not received my Ipsy bag for June yet... they give previews of what they are sending, but I do not want to judge until I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment