Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Friday, June 14, 2013

More Girly Beauty Stuff

Now that I have received the beauty boxes for three months, there are a few products I really enjoyed.  One was this lemongrass sugar scrub that left my face so smooth it is amazing and I wanted it badly, but at thirty-two dollars a jar, the price is a bit over my splurge budget (5 month old baby costs a lot lol) and I thought about alternatives that would bring similar results.
Lately, I have looked at products I really like (the philosophy cleanser that is 30 dollars a bottle) and attempted to find things that are less expensive but bring about similar outcomes.  For the Philosophy, I found a neutrogena natural cleanser that is really nice, smells good, has the same consistency and feel and is around 8 dollars for the same amount.  After a few days with it, I am pretty pleased.

Now...back to the sugar scrub....

Suki Lemongrass Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser  -This stuff is wonderful, it is better than wonderful.  It smells so fresh and the sugar scrub does foam up to produce a really clean face and soft result, but again... thirty-two dollars.

When I was a teenager a family lived beside my nana and they had a teenage daughter who was a senior in high school when I was a freshman.  I thought she was soooo cool then, she was kind of hippieish and used things like witch hazel and natural things to take care of her skin, her parents dried herbs in their kitchen and loved art and culture, man I thought these people were awesome (I was 15, give me a break).  The daughter used apricot scrub on her face before cleaning it every day and after using the sugar scrub until it ran out and feeling sad, I decided to pick up some apricot scrub at Target.  
It has worked REALLY well and while it does not smell as wonderful as the lemongrass scrub and it takes a few extra seconds to make sure you get all of the scrub off of your face, it has produced the same soft skin and I am pretty impressed with the results because the apricot scrub is only two dollars.


So if you are looking for an inexpensive scrub that works pretty well... try this out, I really like the results.  

No comments:

Post a Comment