Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Friday, June 21, 2013

Keeping Positive

I've continually worked on keeping healthy and to be fair, it is not an easy ride all the time.  Yesterday I had cupcakes and I realize that for the past few weeks I've been so focused on keeping under a certain amount of calories that even trying to eat healthy was stressing me out.  So, while I have turned up the exercise a bit (yesterday I walked over two miles), I am going to be a bit less stressy on my calorie intake and not freak out if I think I am over a bit during a meal.  We eat pretty healthy, so it is not overly  hard, I think I am just overly hard on myself.  I have a friend who kind of takes weekends off from dieting and I can see the point of that or having one day where they eat whatever and I also can see that, but I would rather eat what I wanted smartly if that makes sense.  It is acceptable to have a cupcake if I make sure that I do not lazy out and skip my walk for a day... which I haven't done in a while.  My clothes are fitting a bit better, I wore shorts the other day for the first time in a LONG time and didn't wear a shirt that was 2 sizes too big, baby steps right.  

Weekends usually entail Adam, Aiden, and I getting out and doing some pretty active things as well...and thankfully, most of the cupcakes are gone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment