Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Thursday, June 13, 2013

I Should Change the Name of this Blog....

I often feel like changing the name of this blog to reference the fact that I am one of the most anxious and nervous people on earth...

If there is nothing to worry about, I will FIND something to worry about and while it can be comical, it can also be pretty stressful.  

I worry about money, grades, the house, my family, my child, the dogs, the yard, the future, dinner, laundry, what is going on in the world... you name it, I bite my nails about it.

Sometimes I have legitimate things to worry about, but when it is something like that, the anxiety is x10000000 and stress is not the word I would use to describe the emotions I feel.

I think becoming a mom has compounded this anxiety issue a bit and I am attempting to work through it, but oh man on some days it just feels like I cannot possibly do anything correctly and I worry that everyone thinks I do it wrong.

For example, I forgot the diaper bag ONCE... and now I get constant jokes about did I remember it, and it makes me highly self conscious.  I know people are joking, but I guess there is a little part of me thinking everyone is evaluating if I am an acceptable mother or not and because I forgot the diaper bag once, I failed.  

We will not even venture into how I behave about academics and my grades, my quality of work, and what my peers think of me... 

Work in progress I know, I have started taking a moment and calming down in my head whenever I feel the worry coming on, but some days are better than others.  
lately I have worried that I am not doing enough because I have the summer off from classes... 

No comments:

Post a Comment