Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Distractions, hobbies, whatever they are....

My newest distraction as of late involves fixing up our entire yard.  We have a pretty big yard (even though I pretend we don't in order to hold off Adam's requests for a riding lawn mower), and some of it is slightly overrun with growth and trees (we actually have a fence inside our fence that looks like the congo).  I have started slow, with one project, which was to take the little area in front of our home and transform it into something pleasing to the eye.  

This is the house prior to any work being done....


As you can see, there is a lopsided shrub thing that is actually made up of two bushes and a tree behind it that we've cut down multiple times, but it keeps coming back like a villain in a bad horror film.  

Now, starting this spring I sought to destroy said bushes, forever kill the unsightly tree, and reclaim my yard.  After a few misses (the first flowers we bought for the front died within a few days... I have actually created a lovely little space that is also practical.  

We have: Heather (for looks)  Ivy (for groundcover), tomatoes, basil (two kinds), oregano, cilantro, rosemary, and habanero peppers.  I also have lavender growing in a giant pot.  We've done some solar lights as well and I am pretty pleased. 



Now on to bigger things....

THE REST OF THE YARD... coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment