Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

From the Garden

I do not know if you would honestly call my little space a garden, but this spring/summer I had tomatoes, herbs, and habanero peppers and everything turned out very productive.

Now, I love hot things and because I am southern I truly enjoy some hot pepper sauce on any greens I eat.

This summer, I turned it up a bit and decided to make the hot pepper sauce with my crop of habaneros.  

the fruits of my little bit of labor

The recipe if you can call it that is simple...

I took a medium container of vinegar and brought it to a boil with some added salt and garlic to taste.  While I was waiting for the vinegar to boil, I took all the tops off the peppers and tossed them in a large canning can.  I left some room, but you don't have to.  Once the vinegar was doing a rolling boil I poured it over the peppers and sealed the can, leaving it on the counter until I heard the famous pop!

Now... I had some peppers and vinegar left over and a jalapeno sitting around so I took the left overs and cut up the peppers and also pickled me some jalapenos and habaneros together for some kick to my nachos when I make them... the pepper sauce is NOT for the weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment